Michigan State University
M.A. Educational Technology ’20
Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology ’18
Grove City College
B.S. Elementary Education ’11
Pennsylvania Inst. Level I certificates in Elementary Ed. (K-6) and Middle School Math (7-9).
Michigan Standard Certification in Elementary Ed. (K-5)
California Multiple Subjects Preliminary Credential (Induction program and CLAD required for Clear)
Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi, China
KG1 Teacher January 2019 – August 2019
- Assisted Kindergarten and Primary schools with ChildFolio authentic assessment platform including troubleshooting and trained new users; offered professional development on tech integration in the yearly years.
- Coordinated distance-learning activities during Coronavirus school closure.
3e International School Beijing, China
Assistant Principal February 2018- September 2018
- Under the Head of School, supervised 34 early years teachers (local and expatriate) and provided continuity through the transition of 3 senior academic leadership staff; oversaw curriculum and assessment; led teacher recruitment and onboarding.
- Communicated school policies, mission, and philosophy to incoming parents and staff through formal presentations and ongoing support with questions and challenges.
Academic Assistant July 2013- February 2018
- Assisted the Principal and Director of Curriculum and Research with daily operations, maintain student records and portfolios, update internal policies, revise staff and parent handbooks, coordinate substitute and lunch cover, and assist with classroom trips and events.
- Led implementation of an authentic assessment and parent communication platform (ChildFolio), including the setup and management of 20 shared iPads. Conducted ongoing staff training related to assessment and documentation. Achieved 98% parent participation.
- Interviewed prospective early childhood teachers, designed recruitment materials, maintained profiles and job postings across 10+ sites, and prepared welcome materials for orientation.
During the 2015/16 school year, I worked part-time, remotely from the US until March 2016 when I returned to Beijing and taught PreK for the remainder of the school year. This overlapped my employment at LePort Schools.
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher August 2011-July 2013
- In collaboration with a co-teacher, planned engaging, developmentally appropriate activities for 3-5-year-old children by creating a natural setting for learning English through play.
- Used Conscious Discipline routines to foster self-regulation and social skills.
- Assisted with administrative tasks such as developing annual calendar, writing content for advertising, and organizing logistics of teacher-driven events (water day, etc.)
LePort Schools Irvine, CA December 2015 – February 2016
Assistant Teacher (mixed-age classes of 3-6 years and 1st-3rdgrade)
- Maintained a clean, productive Montessori environment and planned appropriate activities for after school care.
Pittsburgh Public Schools Pittsburgh, PA July 5 – August 5, 2011
Summer Dreamers Camp Coordinator (1stGrade)
- Worked with first graders on reading, writing, and math in the mornings with a mentor teacher. Supervised and assisted with pottery classes in the afternoons.